What is happening to gold lately and today is heartening
It’s been my favored scenario for becoming a gold stock bull. It goes like this…
- Inflation touts go over the top, include gold bug inflationists touting silver, copper, hogs, oil… gold!
- The Fed is not listening to anyone humping deflation. It is listening to the bond market and dead set on destruction…
- Inflationists are being addressed by the market as tout after tout weakens and in some cases, fails.
- The favored view is for a final capitulation of the inflationists including those bugs who see gold as an inflation instrument other than over the longest time frames.
- You buy gold stocks amid liquidity crises, deflation and generally whatever’s bad for the inflated macro.
But please, no belly aching about how gold is losing key support in the 1680 area (+/-). Those of us with flesh wounds from the past know exactly that this is how precious metals corrections often end. I call it the final running of the bugs and it can be glorious if you’ve anticipated it. If it happens, I will have anticipated and am also anticipating glory to come.
But understand that nothing is happening to gold that is not happening to other commodities. As an example, here is the ancient monetary metal actually holding the SMA 50 in relation to primary mining cost input, crude oil (GLD/USO). Not bad, eh?
In NFTRH we’ve been noting… “it’s a process” and “patience”. So far, so good.
For “best of breed” top down analysis of all major markets, subscribe to NFTRH Premium, which includes an in-depth weekly market report, detailed market updates and NFTRH+ dynamic updates and chart/trade setup ideas. Subscribe by Credit Card or PayPal using a link on the right sidebar (if using a mobile device you may need to scroll down) or see all options and more info. Keep up to date with actionable public content at NFTRH.com by using the email form on the right sidebar. Follow via Twitter@NFTRHgt.
This Post Has 6 Comments
Slowly… We Toin!
On the Wkly, look out for outperformer gold miners (not minors, or you’re in trouble, dudes).
To quote a favorite TV character from the 60’s…
“Oh, the pain, the pain !”.
You’re having way too much fun with this
Boredom sure isn’t fun. But it beats the alternative. :-)
Comments are closed.