11+ Years of 100% Independent Analysis and Investment Strategy for All Market Conditions
With no newsletter fluff (or agenda) Notes From the Rabbit Hole is real forward-looking, proven analysis that works for real investors.
Not quite ready to subscribe? Follow the public site for plenty of actionable content.
See a multitude of real and unsolicited NFTRH subscriber testimonials…
…and consider the value you receive for one low subscription price:
- A comprehensive Weekly Report covering all major markets
- A Top-down approach based on Macro research
- Dynamic in-week Market Updates as events dictate
- NFTRH+ trade setup ideas (long & short) during the trading week
- A real-time Trade Log documenting trades as they are made *
- Review unsolicited Testimonials above and subscribe with confidence
* NFTRH is not a trading-focused service, as other aspects take priority.
The subscription price is more than justified by the weekly report alone, but your subscription includes added value with strategic Market Updates & NFTRH+ (trade setups), which many subscribers find invaluable.
“This is the kind of stuff [an NFTRH update on 3/28/19] that puts you on top of the heap Gary. Thanks.” -Fred L 3.28.19
Macro Fundamental & Technical Coverage of Precious Metals, Commodities, Stock Markets, Bonds, Currencies, Individual Stocks & More…
With a global view…
…and effective Risk Management every step of the way
A combination technical and macro-fundamental service, NFTRH is an unbiased, comprehensive and effective Market Management package that has kept institutional and individual Investors ahead of the curve and the markets since 2008; all at one low price for a “best of breed value” among its technical and macro-fundamental peers.
Gary Tanashian has developed, refined and employed a unique brand of technical analysis (TA is more art than science) since 1998 and used macro-fundamental indicators (especially inter-market indicators) since 2002. To say our methods have been back tested and battle tested is an understatement.
The most comprehensive financial market management service, bar none! Our subscribers include institutional traders, financial advisers, financial newsletter writers and private investors alike.
- Anticipated the 2008 bust as Biiwii.com was launched in 2004 in part to warn of the very dangers that manifested in 2007-2009.
- NFTRH was launched in September, 2008 and promptly called an end to that deflation scare in November/December, positioning subscribers to take advantage of the coming inflation; first in precious metals and later across other markets.
- Advised caution on precious metals in 2011 and a bear market in precious metals miners in 2012 (as HUI violated a key parameter), keeping subscribers out of harm’s way.
- Advised of a coming economic up phase in January 2013 based on proprietary research about a Semiconductor Equipment sector ramp up, which led general manufacturing, which led economic growth… which led Employment. This information was cross referenced at the time with an ‘Economic UP’ signal in Palladium vs. Gold.
- As the US stock market began to lose momentum and technical parameters in 2015, we managed what looked like a topping process, walked like a topping process and quacked like a topping process. But a funny thing happened in 2016; the S&P 500 triggered weekly moving averages upward in similar fashion to our ‘2011 comp’, and that was to be respected. Shorting during the bearish 2015-2016 phase was for trading only, since the market had not broken down and was shifting bullish again.
- During the climax to the BREXIT drama, we covered all short positions and advised bullish on a contrarian basis. This followed a bullish Semi Equipment sector signal similar to 2013. As US and global stocks exceeded certain technical parameters, NFTRH advised ‘active bullish’, for a multi-month cycle at least.  It is important to note that this was all ‘in the market’ prior to the Trump election in the US.
- (Current, June 2019) After being appropriately bullish and bearish the stock market as directed by sentiment and technicals within an increasingly high risk market, we have been fundamentally bullish on the counter-cyclical gold sector first and foremost due to oncoming counter-cyclical signals in bonds and other aspects of the financial sphere and economy. This of course had nothing to do with inflation, since contrary to popular belief, that is not a primary fundamental to get a gold bull market going. It is the counter-cycle and at this time the Fed is falling in line with our view as inflation expectations have tanked. It is not hyperbole to state that the macro is changing substantially for the first time since 2011. The inflation will follow.
“Go for it Gary… you are good, a great read and you have a unique voice so count me in.” –Jonathan Auerbach (Managing Director, Auerbach Grayson, NYC) 9.25.08 [ed: NFTRH’s self-described “charter subscriber”, now sadly passed on]
“Xxxxxxx [newsletter writer’s name omitted] is not even in the same galaxy as you. Bob Hoye I like, though. Don’t change a thing Gary – you’re the best of breed.” –Frederick L, Equities Analyst 5.30.15
“I seriously can’t think of anyone out there who has handled this entire market backdrop better than you. Your interpretation of the TA has been extraordinary.” –Joe F, former Hedge Fund Trader 10.2.14
“Notes From The Rabbit Hole (NFTRH), the weekly newsletter run by BiiWii Gary, has developed from a good read to a truly great read on all things market.” –Otto Rock (incakolanews.blogspot.com) 1.25.09
“As a technician, I feel that there are few analysts that offer value for me, but you do. Your work on Gold ratios has helped my analysis greatly.” –Jordan Roy-Byrne, CMT (thedailygold.com) 4.9.10
“Keep up the good work. I really like your chart-based presentational style – rich information with not too many words.” –Andrew C 2.10.14
See More Unsolicited Testimonials
- Detailed weekly report with TA & discussion
- Trade/investment ideas when low risk setups are present
- ‘In-week’ checkups on key markets, ETFs, etc.
- ‘In-week’ market updates, trade setups, etc.
- Hands-on customer service, always just an email or upon request, phone call away
- Standard Technical Analysis +
- Inter-Market Ratio TA +
- Economic Data Analysis +
- Sentiment Analysis +
- Contrarian Discipline +
- ‘Top-Down’ Macro Perspective +
- Risk Management –
- Emotion =
- Positive Long-term Performance
NFTRH employs a ‘Top-Down’ approach to market analysis, with the belief that once we get the macro right, stock, ETF, fund and asset picking is the relatively easy part.
NFTRH does not predict trends, but in using non-traditional market ratio analysis and more traditional technical analysis it is consistently among the first to identify and capitalize on new trends, as the herd goes the other way.
If you seek a rational, grounded approach to managing the financial markets that is in tune with short, intermediate and long-term global trends, subscribe to the value of NFTRH.
After subscription a welcome email is sent, which includes the current NFTRH report and all the instructions required for using the service. Please white list gary @ nftrh.com and nftrh1 @ gmail.com (remove spaces) to ensure delivery.
A Weekly report is emailed in PDF format by Sunday afternoon US Eastern time at the latest and usually by Sunday morning.
Interim in-week updates as events dictate. These focus on significant market events and technical status, strategies, probabilities discussion and individual trade ideas (NFTRH+).
Monthly billing of $35.00 (USD) by PayPal. Monthly billing allows a subscriber to easily cancel at any time without further commitment and lets me know that current subscribers perceive good value their ongoing subscription.
Yearly Billing option of $365 (USD), which is a savings of 13% off of the monthly price. The yearly option is not refundable, so please consider the monthly option if you have any doubts about becoming a longer-term subscriber.
Alternate payment methods are available here or you can use the contact form linked above to discuss options.
I answer emails in as timely a manner as possible. I realize that NFTRH subscribers are my clients and I value each and every one for their viewpoints and perspectives. If there is ever anything you are unclear on, or simply would like further comment, just pop me an email or use the ‘Contact’ form linked above.
You should know that I do not take the responsibility of providing market analysis to readers lightly. In fact I take it is an awesome responsibility and will do my best to provide you with a quality product and an open-minded viewpoint. The individual who started Biiwii.com (in 2004) in response to risk and rampant ‘casino’ mentality and to convey ‘out of the box’ ideas is who I am. Notes From the Rabbit Hole is an extension of that as I formalize and expand on the theme of effective and unbiased market management.
I thank you for having the trust and confidence in me to take the next step.
NFTRH debuts on September 28, 2008
After years of successfully navigating financial markets in both bullish and bearish modes (generally with a 2X broad market out-performance), while providing grounded commentary and analysis (at Biiwii.com and many other sites) that has consistently been on the right side of the market, I am pleased to present the weekly market report (it is much more than a newsletter), Notes From the Rabbit Hole (NFTRH). The service is geared toward seasoned investors and traders as well as less experienced, but serious investors in the learning stages. I have been told there is an educational aspect to the service.
The name of the service implies a view from a different perspective which, in my case began to take hold in 2002 and intensified through the 2005 time frame as I walked a balance between the knowledge that something was very wrong with the financial system and an increasing awareness that the bear case was, at least temporarily put on hold.
Just as I am weary of over-bullish hype in good times, I seek to remain calm and free of panic in crisis. This means taking the cards that are dealt and making the best hand possible with a comfort level in analyzing the ongoing interplay between inflation and deflation dynamics that is at the heart of boom and bust cycles.