Notes From the Rabbit Hole: 100% Independent Market Analysis and Strategy for All Market Conditions!
No newsletter fluff; NFTRH is real forward-looking analysis for real investors
Just to let you know that I have been in this (hedge fund) business for almost 30 years and your research is second to none. You are a superb strategist. And I have seen many. You have your models (The Three Amigos.., et al) and your chart reading abilities are fairly convincing… That elevates you many miles above the standard gold bug service and others… :-)
You should work as a strategist in a big fund. Although I understand your “big boyz“ aversion… That’s why I run my own business too. Enjoy 2018! –Erwin G., Berlin Germany 1.4.18
“Gary, Before NFTRH I used to feel a bit like Agent Starling in Buffalo Bill’s basement after the lights went out. Thanks for turning on the lights.” –John M 11.24.14 (see additional testimonials)
A combination technical and macro-fundamental service, NFTRH is an unbiased, comprehensive and effective Market Management package that has kept institutional and individual Investors ahead of the curve and the markets since 2008; all at one low price for “best of breed value” among its technical and macro-fundamental peers.
Gary Tanashian has developed, refined and employed a unique brand of technical analysis (TA is more art than science) since 1998 and used macro-fundamental indicators (especially inter-market indicators) since 2002. To say NFTRH’s methods have been back tested and battle tested is an understatement.
The most comprehensive financial market management service, bar none! Our subscribers include institutional traders, financial advisers, financial newsletter writers and private investors alike.
- Anticipated the 2008 bust as Biiwii.com was launched in 2004 in part to warn of the very dangers that manifested in 2007-2009.
- NFTRH was launched in September, 2008 and promptly called an end to that deflation scare in November/December, positioning subscribers to take advantage of the coming inflation; first in precious metals and later across other markets.
- Advised caution on precious metals in 2011 and a bear market in precious metals miners in 2012 (as HUI violated a key parameter), keeping subscribers out of harm’s way.
- Advised of a coming economic up phase in January 2013 based on proprietary research about a Semiconductor Equipment sector ramp up, which led general manufacturing, which led economic growth… which led Employment. This information was cross referenced at the time with an ‘Economic UP’ signal in Palladium vs. Gold.
- As the US stock market began to lose momentum and technical parameters in 2015, we managed what looked like a topping process, walked like a topping process and quacked like a topping process. But a funny thing happened in 2016; the S&P 500 triggered weekly moving averages upward in similar fashion to our ‘2011 comp’, and that was to be respected. Shorting during the bearish 2015-2016 phase was for trading only, since the market had not broken down and was shifting bullish again.
- During the climax to the BREXIT drama, we covered all short positions and advised bullish on a contrarian basis. This followed a bullish Semi Equipment sector signal similar to 2013. As US and global stocks exceeded certain technical parameters, NFTRH advised ‘active bullish’, for a multi-month cycle at least.  It is important to note that this was all ‘in the market’ prior to the Trump election in the US.
- (Current, November 2017) The primary plan is bullish in line with rising long-term Treasury yields until these yields reach their ‘limiters’. This will be cross referenced with the 10-2 Yield Curve and big picture views of stocks vs. gold. Then, when inflation-fueled bullishness is at a peak, reliable signals that have guided us for years will either direct us toward inflationary intensification (ref. von Mises’ Crack Up Boom) or to the more favored view, which is a temporary unwinding of the inflationary condition. We’ll be ready with the specific investment strategies as the market directs.
“Go for it Gary… you are good, a great read and you have a unique voice so count me in.” –Jonathan Auerbach (Managing Director, Auerbach Grayson, NYC) 9.25.08 [ed: NFTRH’s self-described “charter subscriber”, now sadly passed on]
“Xxxxxxx [newsletter writer’s name omitted] is not even in the same galaxy as you. Bob Hoye I like, though. Don’t change a thing Gary – you’re the best of breed.” –Frederick L, Equities Analyst 5.30.15
“I seriously can’t think of anyone out there who has handled this entire market backdrop better than you. Your interpretation of the TA has been extraordinary.” –Joe F, former Hedge Fund Trader 10.2.14
“Notes From The Rabbit Hole (NFTRH), the weekly newsletter run by BiiWii Gary, has developed from a good read to a truly great read on all things market.” –Otto Rock (incakolanews.blogspot.com) 1.25.09
“As a technician, I feel that there are few analysts that offer value for me, but you do. Your work on Gold ratios has helped my analysis greatly.” –Jordan Roy-Byrne, CMT (thedailygold.com) 4.9.10
“Keep up the good work. I really like your chart-based presentational style – rich information with not too many words.” –Andrew C 2.10.14
See More Testimonials
NFTRH: Covering Precious Metals, Commodities, Stock Markets, Bonds, Currencies & More…
With a global view…
…and effective Risk Management every step of the way
- Detailed weekly report with TA & discussion
- Trade/investment ideas when low risk setups are present
- ‘In-week’ checkups on key markets, ETFs, etc.
- ‘In-week’ market updates, trade setups, etc.
- Hands-on customer service, always just an email or upon request, phone call away
- Standard Technical Analysis +
- Inter-Market Ratio TA +
- Economic Data Analysis +
- Sentiment Analysis +
- Contrarian Discipline +
- ‘Top-Down’ Macro Perspective +
- Risk Management –
- Emotion =
- Positive Long-term Performance
Subscribe to “best of breed” NFTRH (60+ pages of comprehensive, easy to digest market coverage) and consider the updates, valued as much as the weekly report by many subscribers, as a bonus!
Institutional/Multi-user (up to 7), Monthly: $120
Institutional/Multi-user (up to 7), Yearly: $1220
NFTRH employs a ‘Top-Down’ approach to market analysis, with the belief that once we get the macro right, stock, ETF, fund and asset picking is the relatively easy part.
NFTRH does not predict trends, but in using non-traditional market ratio analysis and more traditional technical analysis it is consistently among the first to identify and capitalize on new trends, as the herd goes the other way.
If you seek a rational, grounded approach to managing the financial markets that is in tune with short, intermediate and long-term global trends, subscribe to the value of NFTRH.
Notice: It is the subscriber’s responsibility to assure that nftrh1 @gmail.com and gary @nftrh.com (remove spaces before ‘@’) are able to pass through spam filters. Please adjust settings/white list as needed in your email client and/or with your email service provider’s webmail.
A welcome email is sent from gary @nftrh.com, including the current NFTRH report and instructions for using the service.
A Weekly report is emailed in PDF format by Sunday afternoon US Eastern time at the latest and usually by Sunday morning. This mail is sent from nftrh1 @gmail.com.
Interim in-week updates as events dictate. These focus on significant market events and technical status, strategies, probabilities discussion and individual trade ideas (NFTRH+).
Monthly billing of $31.90 (USD) by PayPal. Monthly billing allows a subscriber to easily cancel at any time without further commitment and lets me know that current subscribers perceive good value for their ongoing subscription.
Yearly Billing option of $335, which is a savings of over 12% off of the monthly price. The yearly option is not refundable, so please consider the monthly option if you have any doubts about becoming a longer-term subscriber.
Please use the contact form linked above to discuss other payment options for annual subscriptions.
I answer emails in as timely a manner as possible. I realize that NFTRH subscribers are my clients and I value each and every one for their viewpoints and perspectives. If there is ever anything you are unclear on, or simply would like further comment, just pop me an email or use the ‘Contact’ form linked above.
You should know that I do not take the responsibility of providing market analysis to readers lightly. In fact I take it is an awesome responsibility and will do my best to provide you with a quality product and an open-minded viewpoint. The individual who started Biiwii.com (in 2004) in response to risk and rampant ‘casino’ mentality and to convey ‘out of the box’ ideas is who I am. Notes From the Rabbit Hole is an extension of that mindset as I formalize and expand on these themes.
I thank you for having the trust and confidence in me to take the next step.
NFTRH debuts on September 28, 2008
After years of successfully navigating financial markets in both bullish and bearish modes (generally with a 2X broad market out-performance), while providing grounded commentary and analysis (at biiwii.com and many other sites) that has consistently been on the right side of the market, I am pleased to present the weekly market report (it is much more than a newsletter), Notes From the Rabbit Hole (NFTRH). NFTRH is geared toward seasoned investors and traders as well as less experienced, but serious investors in the learning stages. I have been told there is an educational aspect to NFTRH.
The origins of Biiwii.com (but it is what it is) are rooted in hype aversion, anti-convention and the idea of dealing with the reality of what is, not what we may wish were true. I believe that ‘in the box’ thinking has caused many people to get in trouble as of this writing (NFTRH official launch 9.28.08). This view is evidenced by Biiwii.com’s very first public commentary in 2004, warning of the dangers that later became outwardly apparent. Do not expect the usual stock pick touts and chirping about performance. Risk management plays as important a role as capital appreciation over the long term.
The name of the letter implies a view from a different perspective which, in my case began to take hold in 2002 and intensified through the 2005 time frame as I walked a balance between the knowledge that something was very wrong with the financial system and an increasing awareness that the bear case was, at least temporarily put on hold.
Just as I am weary of over-bullish hype in good times, I seek to remain calm and free of panic in crisis. This means taking the cards that are dealt and making the best hand possible with a comfort level in analyzing the ongoing interplay between inflation and deflation dynamics that is at the heart of boom and bust cycles… along with investment and capital preservation opportunities.